The Delicate Pioneer
- iUniverse (PDF, ePub, and Mobi): The Delicate Pioneer
- Amazon.com Kindle edition: The Delicate Pioneer
- Barnes & Noble NOOK Book: The Delicate Pioneer
- !ndigo Kobo Edition: The Delicate Pioneer
- iBooks/iTunes: The Delicate Pioneer
- FiUniverse: The Delicate Pioneer
- Amazon.com: The Delicate Pioneer
- Barnes & Noble: The Delicate Pioneer
- !ndigo: The Delicate Pioneer
For the Chinese Edition see: The Delicate Pioneer (Chinese)
Description: Seattle, 1852.
Seventy years have passed since The Hornet’s Nest. Felicity, the great granddaughter of Lauchlin and Andrew, is a sickly, self-pitying child, overshadowed by her lovely and accomplished older cousin Adelaide. When they lose their plantation and head west to find another, they worry about her health — but it’s her parents who die of cholera. Her Uncle Jon takes her and also another orphan, a disagreeable boy named Arne. They find the promised land to be half a dozen log cabins called Seattle. But it’s the making of Felicity, who, with the friendship of Chief Sealth, finds health, self-confidence, a talent at housekeeping and a love of animals. And when Adelaide shows up, it’s suddenly Felicity who overshadows her.
Note: This is a re-write of Poor Felicity (1961) with updated scenes.
Review for the original Poor Felicity:
“This is a most engaging story with an excellent background of the very beginnings of Seattle. The glossary of Chinook words is highly entertaining.” ∼ The Horn Book